Wednesday, August 30, 2006

my flight and the hotel

now i have got some time to tell you about my last days...
kai and ramona brought me to the airport by car, jule and my sister came with us and my parents arrived by train. after the tears there were many secrurity sytems i had to got through. i even had to get off my shoes! but my flight was pretty good and did not seem to be that long (8 :10). i had a place on the window and the landscape was very pretty some times. and of course i had my "friends-book". you will not believe me how much fun i had with this! i did not know if i should laugh or crie about what my famly and friends said to me. so that is why i will thank you for your lovely words and i am so glad to know people like you. this is one of the best things i have ever had.
when i arrived at JFK it was very problematic to get to the new yorker hotel - it takes about three hours. the bus driver did not know anything and threw us out somewhere. there we had to took another bus. but that driver was pretty cool and we arrived at the hotel finally :)

tuesday we had some classes (and classes here can be very boring!) but after that me made a guided city tour - ok it was more a city-running ;) but it was so amazing! when we arrived at the hotel after the trip at 9:00 pm, my eyes were hurting because of the things i had to watch everywhere. ny is just like in the movies. the very very big buldings and of course sirens from the police every few minutes. so we did not wake up with the help of our alarm clock, no - every morning the sirens start about 6:30...

today i talked to my dad and he asked me about the weather, if the sun is shining. and i just said: "dad, i do not know - there is no sun in new york. when we look outside the window of our hotel room, there are only grey walls..."
after that call we had brekfast in the hotels diner - do i tell you about the worst orange juice i have ever had? so today i took the water ;)
after that we spent our time at classes (9:00 am to 6:30 pm) that was boring!! but after that michaela (the current au pair from my host family) took me with her to my first cluster meeting. and it was pretty good! they told me many things and explained so much - that will be a good year :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tja, das mit den schuhen hab ich dir ja gesagt, aber du wolltest mir nicht glauben ;) und hier, muss ich jetzt englisch lernen, damit ich deine einträge raff oder was? ahhhhhhhhhh....ne, schreibst ja so tolles englisch, dass ich alles verstehen kann ;)

Anonymous said...

and how does the weather feels like ?
tell us more about your feelings :P

...aber schicke bilder haste da gemacht ;)