Tuesday, October 24, 2006

finally time to tell you about the last days. during the last week i was working like usually, spent monday, wednesday and thursday at columbia university for my english class and the time whichwas left mostly at the gym. i am there nearly every day :) last friday was my first working day at the gym kindergarten! :) i will work 3 hours every wednesday morning and get a free membership - great deal :) my first day was pretty easy. neither the boss of the gym nor the other babysitter was there. so i did my workout until one two year old girl came. she was very nice and smart and easy :)

the friday before i went to the social security office to apply for my social security card. i need the ss number for my drivers licence. and i also went to the department for motor vehicles (dmv) where i got a drivers manual. i studied the manual mostly in the subway on my way to columbia. my ssc arrived the last days. with that i have to go to the dmv again to apply for my drivers licence, take the vision and the written test. after that i can choose if i want to take driving lessons at a driving school or with someone else 21+. before my roadtest i also have to take a 5-hour-class. sounds not very difficult at all but i'm still afraid of driving because i habe absolutely no experience except my first very slow driving lesson with matti in berlin last summer ;)

last wednesday i went to the zoo in prospectpark with naomi. we had so much fun. you must have seen her face - she was so excited!!

No comments: